How to use a capture card in VLC?
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular media players in the world. The reason why it is so popular is beautiful it can be used to play all the media on your phone. This means, that, you will be able to play all the media formats in your device through this player. The versatility of the VLC Media Player is what makes it a crowd-pleaser. There are a number of features and options available in VLC Media Player, which makes it possible to use it in doing a number of things. If you have been wondering how to use a capture card in VLC, this article will help you with this.
Using a Capture Card
The following steps are here to explain to you how to use a capture card, precisely how to watch TV with the help of your DVB card:
- First, you will have to effectively find out the frequencies of the place you are currently in.
- Now, simply view the file or open the Capture card.
- After this, you will have to select the DVB Direct Show.
- Since there are many kinds of this card, you will have to select which type of card you possess. The options available are DVB-S-C-T.
- Now, choose your first bandwidth and frequency on it.
- Once you hit the play button, you will be able to play it on your TV without any problem.
More Available Options
If you are looking for something a little more advanced. You have the option of programmatically choosing a single audio stream, or in case your stream has a number of subchannels, the following steps will come in handy:
- Select the playlists when the channel plays. This is the fist and the most integral role that you have.
- Now, right-click on the media, which is playing and the tap on the information.
- Now, you can move to the stream.
- Here you will be able to find all the broadcast channels with their respective ids.
- Make sure to take note of the IDs for the various broadcasting channels.
- Now move on to the File/open capture card.
- Now you will have to append a space at the bottom of where the option line lies. If it doesn’t already exist, enter the keyword followed by the service ID of your choice.
- The line should now look like this: 300ms: program=16214
- Now when you hit okay, you will be able to get your channel.
- After this, you will be easily able to rename the items being played with only your station name.
This is how you can use a capture card in VLC