How to Play Video on Xbox and Xbox 360?
Did you know that you could stream and play movies and videos using your Xbox 360 console? This can simply be done by using your Windows Media Player and Movies & TV.
In order to stream videos using Xbox, these are the following steps that you will have to follow:
The first thing you will have to do is to connect your console to your network if you haven’t done so already. You will have to connect your console to your wired or wireless home network to stream videos on your Xbox. After this, you will have to test to make sure that the Xbox console has been connected successfully. This is what you have to do:
- From Xbox Home, navigate to settings and then tap on System Settings.
- Now select Network Settings.
- Then you will have to select between Wired Network or Wireless network.
- For testing whether the connection is a successful, tap on Test Xbox Live Connection.
If the network status says connected, you can move on to Step 2, below. On the other hand, if it does not, then tap on More Info on your console and then follow the steps given.
Now you will have to determine which windows player you want. The two options you have are the following; Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7)
- Here, click on Turn on media streaming and then from the Stream menu.
- When the page opens, simply tap on Turn on media streaming.
- Select your Media Library and then tap on, Okay.
Windows Media Player 11 (Windows Vista)
- In the Media Player, tap on the right-click Library and then select on Media Sharing.
- Now tap on Share my media and tap on Okay.
- In the Sharing Settings, locate the Xbox 360 device.
- Tap on Xbox 360, then Allow and finally on Okay
- After this, simply tap on OK.
Now that everything is done, all you have to do is play your media, it can either be music or a video, and they both can be played without a problem. To play music, from Xbox home, visit Music, and then tap on Groove Music. Then, simply select the playlist of your choice and enjoy it. To watch a video, from Xbox home, visit movies & tv and then tap on Microsoft Movies &TV. Select the video you want to watch and enjoy.
These simple steps will help you to stream media on your Xbox.