How to shutdown VLC automatically when VLC playback is over?
VLC Media Player has been known as one of the most popular media viewing platforms. The reason why it is so famous is that you can view photos and videos that are in any format, and that makes it fantastic software in it. Besides, there are also a number of other features connected to this software, which makes using not a smooth journey.
One of these features includes that you can shut your PC directly after having stopped playing your media on the VLC Media Player, and this can be done by following some simple steps.
The Basics of this Feature
The first step in using this feature is that you will have to configure your software for exiting directly after having played the media or right after a playlist comes to an end. This means that you will have to customize your media player in a way that it exits the platform right after it has finished playing the current media or right after the present playlist stops playing. Then, you must inform your Windows if VLC media player has stopped playing your media, this will take your PC to a sleep mode or make it shut down. This feature, as you can see, is not inbuilt in the VLC Media Player because it may be of inconvenience at times. So, you have to customize this to your preference If need be.
Steps to be followed:
If you want to configure your VLC Media Player to shut down after the current song or playlist ends, here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- You will first have to configure the VLC Media Player settings.
- For doing so, visit Settings and then tap on Preferences.
- Then, click on Show Settings.
- You will find Playlist written on the left side, tap on that.
- Tick on the Option that says Play and Exit
- Then, simply tap on the Save Option.
- Following this, open any Text Editor on your PC.
- Now simply copy and paste the text on the file. It should be something like this:
START /WAIT "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" %1 vlc://quit shutdown -s -t 60
- This will help you save it in the .bat format.
- This will enable your PC to shut down after your media stops playing.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to automatically shut down your PC after 60 seconds of the last media.